Private Training for Your Family Dog
All the tools you need for a lovable, obedient pet
Do you control your dog or does your dog control you?
Most dogs are a handful, until you give them guidance and set expectations. A to Z Dog Training provides practical solutions for all your dog-training struggles.
How does Private Training work?
- You set the goals.
- We provide the curriculum and training.
- We make it easy and convenient by coming to your home to work with you, your family and your dog.
Our Private Training program is customized to your schedule, personality and lifestyle—as well as the temperament of your dog. We’ll teach your dog great manners and correct any problem behaviors he’s developed. And we’ll give you the tools you need to keep the training going after we leave. Like people, dogs love learning, and as long as you give them the opportunity, they will keep doing it all their lives.
We work with families in Honolulu and around Oahu.
Call us at 808-551-7994 to get started teaching your dog the skills he needs to thrive in your family.
Initial Training Consultation
60 – 90 minutes — $150
We start our Private Training program with an initial consultation to discuss your concerns, needs, and schedule and evaluate your dog’s behavior in his home environment. We will then develop a training program for you based on the most effective science-based, positive training methods for your family and dog.
Private Training Lessons
60 minutes — 3 pack $375, 6 pack $570
In Private Training, you are involved in the pet training process. We work together for an hour each session, focusing on one or two skills at a time. We will teach you the skills you need to train your dog. You will then practice with your dog between sessions. The number of sessions will depend on your goals as well as your budget.
We can help you…
- Understand how your dog communicates and learns
- Start life off right with your puppy: housetraining, crate training, proper socialization
- Teach your puppy or dog basic manners: sit, down, stay, come, walk on a leash
- Correct problem behaviors: chewing, biting, barking, begging, jumping, pulling on leash
- Prepare your dog for vet visits
- Teach your dog to accept being groomed
- Modify personality issues: shyness, anxiety, fear, aggression
- Teach your dog tricks: fetch, roll over, speak, high five
- Make training fun for you and your dog
Click here to register for Private Training sessions. Additional times are available. Please contact us at 808-551-7994 for additional times.
We believe in continuous education for your dog and offer group classes for all levels of learning and fun.
What our clients say about A to Z Dog Training
“Puppyhood was NOT all those cute things one thinks about when you envision darling little puppies! Xena would pull on her leash, run away, jump, nip. I could go on. If it wasn’t for your support, patience and positive encouragement, we couldn’t have made it! Thank you, Tammy … the journey continues, and with the positive tools you introduced me to, it’s a great adventure for both of us.”
— Dorothia and Xena